Visa for those without an office

I am am a researcher that works closely with the Japanese government and other research institutions in Japan. Due to this, my organization and I have been trying to find a way for me to stay in Japan long-term in order to cut back on constant travel expenses. However; despite being a rather large organization we have no official offices in Japan. I will be the only foreign researcher working in Japan for my organization here so they don’t want to open a new branch just for one person. As of now, we have found it nearly impossible to sponsor a visa for me.

The most I can get is a letter for the Japanese government agency that I work with saying I am in fact a researcher that helps them.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can stay in Japan with my employer being not based in Japan?

I just want to have my residency again and not have to fly constantly…especially now…

submitted by /u/MongolMuri
[link] [comments]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *