|Japan COVID-19 Tracker||Another tracker, at city level.||Tokyo Metro. Gov. Covid-19 Tracker|
The main body will be updated with mainly news and advisory from embassies. The thread will be re-created once it goes past roughly 1k comments or on moderators’ request.
What you can do:
- Avoid unnecessary travel to countries experiencing outbreaks.
- Avoid contact with people who have recently traveled to above countries and crowded places.
- Wash hands (with SOAP) frequently and observe strict hygiene regimen. Avoid touching your face and minimise touching random things (like door handles, train grab holds)
- If you show symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath and/or difficulty breathing) or suspect that you have contracted the virus, please see a doctor or self-quarantine and call your local hokenjo(保健所) here. They will advise you on what to do.
- Avoid spreading misinformation about the virus on social media. This includes stories about home remedies like 36 HOUR WATER FASTS or how “people with onions in their kitchens catch fewer diseases” etc.
- Avoid hoarding necessities such as toilet paper, masks, soap and food.
- Minimise travel on crowded public transportation if possible.
- If your employer has made accomodations for telework or working from home, please do it.
Regarding how to get tested:
You can’t get tested on demand. You will likely only be tested if you had direct contact with a known patient, have travel history to a hotspot, or are exhibiting severe symptoms. Only a doctor or coronavirus soudan centre has the discretion to decide if you are to be tested. Please go see a doctor and explain your symptoms and situations to the doctor. They will be able to assess and advise you on what to do better than we can. If you’re showing just light or no symptoms, you are probably just down with a common cold and probably will be asked to minimise contact with other people and/or stay home for 14 days.
ENTRY BAN RELATED INFORMATION:
Bans on Travelers Entering Japan if they have visited the below places in last 14 days:
|Country||Area (as of 19th March)|
|China||Hubei province / Zhejiang province|
|Republic of Korea||Daegu City / Cheongdo County in North Gyeongsang Province / Gyeongsan / Andong / Yeongcheon City, Chilgok / Uiseong / Seongju / Gunwei County in North Gyeongsang Province|
|Iran||Kom / Tehran / Gilan Province / Alborz / Isfahan / Qazvin / Golestan / Semnan / Mazandaran / Markazi / Lorestan Province|
|Italy||Veneto / Emilia-Romagna / Piedmont / Marche / Lombardy Province / Valle d’Aosta / Trentino Alto Adige / Friuli Venezia Giulian / Ligurian Province|
|San Marino||All regions|
|Switzerland||Canton of Ticino / Basel-Stadt|
|Spain||Navarre / Basque Country / Community of Madrid / La Rioja Province|
The above travel bans on travelers entering Japan does not apply to nationals of Japan.
Information on travel restrictions for travelers from Japan (Japanese) Updated 24th March
Ban on entry for travelers originating from Japan
Entry allowed, but with restrictions on travelers originating from Japan (self quarantine etc)
P.S. I appreciate the platinums for the past two threads, but I hope there won’t be anymore as I do not wish to be seen as milking the threads for karma or awards. Thank you.