Is it possible to re-enter Japan on a re-entry permit if you are unemployed?

Context: I’m leaving Japan for 2 years but plan to come back. I currently have a 5 year humanities visa with my current employer, but my contract with them will end a week or so before I depart Japan.

Will I be able to use a re-entry permit (not the free special re-entry permit, but the ¥6000 multiple re-entry one) to come back despite not being employed anymore?

UPDATE: as reference for those with the same question in future, I just spoke to an immigration officer and they said I cannot get a re-entry permit if my contract of employment expires before or during my time outside of Japan. ‘Tis a shame but it makes sense.

submitted by /u/Deanosaurus88
[link] [comments]
Source: Reddit RSS

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply