I'm in the process of looking for a new place to rent (sound issues due to shitty wood construction and dickhead neighbours above) and I have semi-found a place but the moving in date is a little unclear so I'm keeping my options open…. I just want to clarify a few things:
– What is the major difference between SUUMO/HOMES/AtHome in terms of the listings?
I noticed there seem to be slight differences in what is listed but I also remember (someone telling me) that all the houses are uploaded onto 1 big centralised database and that it doesn't really matter which site you use..
– Do estate agents have access to certain listings/properties that are not on said 'database'?
– (Does said 'database' even exist?)
– What's the best way to organise a block of viewings (say 5 or 6 places) without having to go through multiple estate agents?
– What are some shady tactics that real estate agents use that I should watch out for?
Are there any things I should be filtering for except for:
– property size
– reinforced concrete or not
– proximity to nearest station/commute time to office
Thanks in advance.
I don't seem to be able to enjoy house hunting in Japan.