How to obtain nenkin certificate of coverage?

I live in Japan and work remotely for a US employer. I've decided I want to become a permanent resident of Japan and as part of that I am going to stop contributing to US social security and begin contributing to Japan nenkin.

Previously I had a certificate of coverage from US social security which allowed me to be exempt from nenkin. Now I want the opposite, certificate of coverage from Japan nenkin which allows me to be exempt from US social security.

I however cannot find any information online about how to obtain such a document from Japan, all the info on Japan government websites is about getting the certificate of coverage from another country. Does anyone have any experience with this? No one at the nenkin office near me speaks passable English so at the very least I'd like to know the word for "certificate of coverage" in Japanese so they can call up the main office and figure out the procedure.

submitted by /u/dddenham
[link] [comments]
Source: Reddit RSS

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply